Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Car Rides, Sleepy Children and Asheville, NC

We took a road trip to Hilton Head, SC, and stopped over in Asheville for the night. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed visiting this city. We have plans to go back again. Here are a few pictures from the car ride and Asheville.
Sleepy boy.... he had made an airplane out of his candy wrapper and was holding on to it. I saw it fall out of his hand when he fell asleep. Such a cute age.
This isn't the best picture, but I snapped this one of the square downtown. There was live music playing in the square and folks walking around the downtown area. The vibe of this city was pretty earthy and organic and trees are everywhere. We enjoyed it.
I had to share this. We went out to eat at a yummy restaurant called "salsas" (which came recommended by a friend) and sweet little Oak slept the whole time on this bench with only the carrier to pad his sleep. He is a good baby! I felt blessed. The food was tasty. Habanero margaritas are one of their specialities - very different, but worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment