Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Oak Ray Miller is Here!

Oak is here!!! We are so thankful and blessed to welcome him into our family. Oak was born on March 22, 2011, at 10:59 pm. I was thankful that I was able to have him naturally with the help of Brian, who was by my side encouraging me the whole time, and also my midwife, Beth, and kind friend Stephanie was also there for support - she also took lots of pictures which was pretty amazing for us to have. The labor was about 8 hours in length if I just count the harder part. I did have contractions all day, but it wasn't strong until the last few hours.
Here are a couple pictures from the birthday as well as the day after when family and friends came to visit.
Our family of 5!
In the hospital - I am in pretty hard labor here, but it is the beginning stages where the goal is to relax and let the uterus do the work. I kind of go inside so I don't get overwhelmed and Brian is there for support to help me relax and help me with whatever I need. We had about 6 hours in the hospital to labor so we used all of the great birth aids they have there - I labored in the tub for a couple hours, on a birth ball (which really wasn't comfortable to me at all) and we used various other helps they had. It was kind of nice to be able to try all of these birthing things out. I didn't have that option with Eli's birth and Otto's went so fast I wasn't able to really use any.
This is my "Thank You God!" moment. Soooo relieved it is over and our little baby is in my arms!

8 pounds 11 ounces
First Bath
Mom arrives!!!
Grandma Debby and baby Oak.
Pastor Todd and his wife Kim visit

Eli and Otto meet Oak!


Otto is in love from the start!




Tim and Stephanie



William visits
Danielle and Eric visit

Anne visits

At home - as soon as we came in the door the boys wanted to hold their baby brother. They have received him sooo well and are so sweet with him.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Miller family of five! The photos with Otto and Oak literally brought tears to my eye. You can see hoe much he (and Eli) love their new baby brother! Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing these photos of your special day! p.s. I didn't like the birthing ball, either.

    ReplyDelete