We had a need to escape the city. So we did! Here are some pictures of the cabin in the winter. We weren't expecting so much snow and ice, but thankfully we had brought all our warmest clothes. We didn't make it out to shop for furniture, but I think that was for the best because we weren't sure we would make it back due to the ice on the gravel roads. We enjoyed being tucked away from it all for the weekend together.
I found out that Mama makes the best snowball target.
Paper airplanes!
All suited up for a hike. Glad I brought so many extra socks, leg warmers etc.
Brian is a natural mountain man. Chop chop!
Eli gave us quite a few "hexbug" shows. I video taped one - I will have to upload it for you!
These are pretty neat. The water is seeping out of the ground here and there and in some places it creates these beautiful ice flowers; commonly called frost flowers.
Brian gave us all piggy back rides over the streams on our hikes. He was the only one with waterproof boots. Can you see Oak on my back...? heeheee We had to get a picture of this!
Look what Papa picked for Otto from the stream! He really wanted to take it home to KY and put it in the freezer.
The Trust General Store Cafe' is the BEST! (Only open on the weekends though.) Here is their bread pudding. So yummy! and we all split it.
I'm so glad you all had so much fun and got to enjoy the fruits of your labor from the trip before. Those ice petals look incredible!...and so does that bread pudding!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie! We look forward to bringing you and Tim there sometime soon. And, yes, we will have to eat a meal with you both at the Trust General Store Cafe'!
ReplyDelete