Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tree Decorating

This is becoming a family tradition each year. I put up the tree one day then on the next full day we can all be together we decorate the tree. It is such a great time to look at all the ornaments - each one holds a little history. Many were made by hand and given to us from friends, near and far, and some from relatives - Grandmas, Great-Grandmas, Aunts and Great Aunts. We think about them all! It is a really sweet time and the kids love it! and mid-day Brian and I break out some wine. :)
 Trying on their stockings???




 Eli this year was soooo excited to decorate the tree! It was really fun to share in it with him.

 This year I got the kids their own manger scene to have out during the holiday season. Instead of a Jesse tree I have decided (for this year anyway) to just read different parts of the story of Christ's birth each day. I just want to make sure they know what the season is all about. In the past I have followed a different set of scheduled readings and it just seemed to confuse them. I think once they are a bit older that a more in-depth look at scripture and Christ's coming and the anticipation of his arrival throughout scripture will be appropriate. Right now though, it is all I can do to make sure they understand how and why he came through the story of his birth. So here it is - a manger scene - OH MY who's that??? a pirate! Yes, one of this kids put him in the scene and I just couldn't take him out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment