Ohhh the joys of sickness. Oh my. It is really one of those times for me when I have a stomach bug that causes me somehow to be soooo thankful for being healthy most of the time. I think the Lord reminds me of how fragile and at the mercy of His amazing hands we are when I am feeling so weak and completely helpless.
The first day a good friend Aleasha took Eli and Otto for me and the second day I started with a list for Brian to do in the am (to prepare for the day) and then just let the kids be savages the rest of the day (at least that is how I felt). Brian was great though. He came home each evening and did it all- cooked, cleaned, took care of the kids and he even did some laundry. Wow.
Well as bugs go Eli and Otto and Brian all came down with it five days later. Thankfully I had all my energy back in time to care for all of them. Praise God! Eli did ask me if he could give me my virus back because he said he didn't want it anymore. Too bad it doesn't work that way.
The part that makes me so sad though is Mom and Grandma Gerrie were supposed to come visit this week and we had to cancel that - didn't want to send anything home to DC with them.
Two praises - we went to the doctor to hear the heart beat on Thursday and everything was good and strong and okay after two days of sickness. I was very thankful because I was concerned for the baby during such an intense illness and I know a lot of you were praying for me and the baby - thank you!!!!
I also didn't have coffee for four days so I have decided to stay off the caffeine the rest of this pregnancy - I already went through the headaches of withdrawal so I figured that I might as well just keep away till the end.
Yes, my little Eli likes to snap pictures of everything these days so he got a few good ones of me in my state of sickness. I thought I would share. And then it was only fair that I got one of him too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment