I can't even express how excited I am about the 30 pound package of books I got in the mail today! I decided a couple months ago that I wanted to go ahead and order a curriculum for homeschooling that suited my ideals with teaching and allowed me some flexibility to also follow Eli's interests and passions and I think I found one. We will see! It is a curriculum based on great literature. There are plenty of experiments and activities that are in the teaching manual so it is made of both good reading and activities that can be put together with things found at home. I am sure excited to start this with Eli. I figured I would start early in January. I will possibly allow myself a year and 1/2 to finish the material or just do another January start next year (we will see how it all goes). I plan to take a break when the baby arrives and also allow myself the time to add extra units to it that are more focused on Eli's interests. Woo hoo!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment